Hello everyone ! Here’s a very important blog because the better we keep the inner us the better the outer us will be . In this blog we shall read about the TIPS FOR A HEALTHY VAGINA.
SO LETS BEGIN.
WHAT IS VAGINA ?
–A vagina is the birth canal for those who bear children.The vagina is connected with the cervix and, through that, to the uterus.The vagina allows MENSTRUATION, CHILDBIRTH AND INTERCOURSE. As this organ plays a very important role in the body keeping it clean and healthy is essential. So let’s read about the TIPS FOR A HEALTHY VAGINA.
1. KEEP YOUR VAGINA CLEAN.
- When it comes to keeping the vagina clean the main question that arises is DO WE NEED TO WASH OUR VAGINA ?
- NO, you should not wash your vagina. The vagina is a SELF CLEANER.
- So how do we keep it clean ?
- We take care of our vagina by washing the vulva which is the outer part or the visible part .
- Washing the vagina is harmful and can lead to many problems hence washing the vulva is the better option.
- You can wash it and keep it clean with mild water.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists say that your vagina cleans itself and keeps itself healthy by maintaining the correct pH balance.
- It cleans itself with natural secretions.Your vagina contains a lot of “good” bacteria.
- These bacteria maintain the ideal pH balance in your vagina, which is slightly acidic.
- The acidic pH makes it hard for “bad” bacteria to infect your vagina.
2. DO NOT USE SOAPS, FEMININE WASHES OR SPRAYS.
- According to MAYO CLINIC you should not use soap to wash your vulva.
- Even then if you use a soap I would recommend a mild,unscented one.
- Fragranced soaps can irritate the sensitive skin there.
- There are certain feminine sprays that are said to reduce vaginal odor.
- Do not buy these because your vagina dosen’t need them and neither does it need to smell like a candle shop.
- These feminine sprays affect the skin down there and may prove problematic.
- This can also lead to excessive irritation.
- Washing your vagina can also affect your vagina’s ability to clean itself and just a mild wash of your vulva is recommended.
3. WEAR COTTON PANTIES AND KEEP YOUR UNDERGARMENTS DRY.
- Always wipe your vagina after urinating because it will lead to less risk of vaginal infections.
- But also remember not to wipe it every now and then roughly.
- It is always adviced to wipe the area using a toilet paper or a soft cloth.
- It is important to keep your underwear dry.
- The vaginal fluid or discharge is a part of a healthy vaginal environment.
- Though too much wetness will lead to rashes and infections.
- One should not use talcum powder because it will lead to vaginal dryness.
- This too much dryness can cause itchiness leading to pain too during sex.
4. CHANGE YOUR SANITARY PADS AFTER EVERY 4-6 HOURS.
- According to GYNAECOLOGIST , women who have normal blood flow or light blood flow should change their sanitary napkins after every 4-6 hours .
- Using the same napkin for a long period of time can lead to rashes and infections.
- Also for people using a tampon, changing it after every six hours is a must.
- Clean your area every time you visit the washroom during especially when you are menstruating.
- This is because once menstrual blood has left the body, it gets contaminated.
- Not only during your heavier days but even when you are on light blood flow, the blood gets contaminated as your pad is damp.
- Hence, organisams tend to multiply in moist and warm conditions and this could lead to vaginal infections, urinary tract infection and skin rashes.
5. CLEAN THE BELOW AREA AFTER INTERCOURSE.
- Clean the vagina after time after an intercourse .
- This is because body fluids and particles of condoms can cause irritation and itching.
- Avoiding this habit can lead to vaginal infections.
- Wash it Up.
- You don’t have to take a shower right away.
- But gently cleaning yourself after sex can protect both the partners from infections, like infections of the urinary tract (UTIs).
- Wash the area around your genitals and not inside your genitals with plain warm water.
- Certain stores offer lots of wipes, creams, and sprays that claim in helping you to keep your personal areas fresh.
- Some of them are made with harsh soaps, detergents, shampoos, perfumes, or lotions that can make your skin break out and burn.
- Just stick to a gentle rinse with warm water after sex.
- One should always avoid scented tampons, pads, powders, and sprays, especially if you tend to get infections.
6. WIPE IT RIGHT.
- How do you wipe the area below? Are you doing it the right way ? If yes then great . If not then this is what you need to know.
- The right way to clean your vagina is from the front to the back, i.e. FROM THE VAGINA TO THE ANUS. Why this way only?
- It is because if you do it the other way then the chances of dragging the harmful bacteria from the anus to the vagina are high.
- This is to keep you safe from infection.
Here were certain tips for a healthy vagina. You all can follow it and keep urself infection free. Do share it with people you really care for.
Checkout my last blog on WHAT IS HIV / AIDS.
ALSO FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM PAGE ( sexandgk ) for more things I have to share with you all .